151. I learned that her father ____ in 1950.A had died B died C dead D is dead
解析：该题正确答案为Ｂ。从句中的谓语动词动作虽然发生在主句谓语动词的动作之前，但因从句中有明确的过去时间状语in 1950, 所以不用过去完成时态，而用一般过去时态。
152. The five-year-old girl ____ by her parents.A is looked B has looked forC is being looked for D has been looked
153. We had hoped that he ____ longer.A stays B have stayed C stayed D would stay
解析：该题正确答案为Ｄ。had hoped表示"本希望"，同样用法的动词还有think, expect等，后面的句子需用虚拟语气
154. "Mary wants to see you today"."I would rather she ____ tomorrow than today."A comes B came C should come D will come
155. It is wise to have some money ____ for old age.A put away B kept up C given away D laid up
解析：该题正确答案为Ａ。意为"存"；keep up意为"继续"；give away意为"分发"；lay up"
156. She says she doesn't feel like ____ out with you.A going B to go C for going D went
解析：该题正确答案为A。 feel like = want, 此处like 为介词，后面要接名词或动名词作宾语
157. _______ if he had any bad habit, she replied that he was a heavy smoker.A. Ask B. To ask C. Asked D. Asking
158. They _______ to walk in the street at might.A. didn't dare B. not dared C. not dare D. dared not
解析：该题答案为A， 此空需选一动词作谓语，因为后面是to walk, didn't dare是行为动词dare过去时态的否定形式。
159. When he was very old, Mr. Smith _______ sit for hours without saying a word. A. would B. should C. must D. used
解析：该题答案为A, would此处表过去的倾向性，习惯性动作，意为"总是"如: When we were children, we would go swimming every summer.
160. Don't forget to post the letter, _______ ?A. will you B. do you C. won't you D. shall you
解析：该题答案为A， 在否定句、祈使句后只用"will you"?，但肯定的祈使句后可用如，Wait for me, will (won't, can, can't, could) you?